If … Living in Sin—
Is walking in agreement with the Devil …
Then Living without sin would begin by
Breaking agreement with the Devil.
How do I Live without Sin?
Simple. I Break all agreement with the Devil.
Amos 3:3 (KJV)
“Can two walk together, except they be agreed?”
- The answer to that question is simple: “No.”
Two cannot walk together unless they agree upon going in the same direction, and choose the same destination.
- Believe me — Actually “No” scratch that, “Believe God” when He tells you—you don’t want to end up at the same destination as the Devil. If you do, this will be your reward for following and embracing his lifestyle of Sin and rebellion to Yahweh–Revelation 20:10 says:
“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are and [they–all who follow Satan and walk in agreement with him] shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
The big problem here is: many are not consciously aware that they are walking in full agreement with the devil. Why is that?
Good question. To Answer that question we have to go all the way back to the beginning. But let’s keep it simple. The devil is kicked out of heaven, because he thought he was better than God. And he wanted to take God’s place.
For being one of the smartest, most powerful and most influential beings in the universe–the devil had one big Blindspot. His own pride. He saw God as: 1) weak, 2) easy-going, and 3) uninformed. But the devil found out on the day that it mattered, that God is not weak, God is not easy-going ( when it comes to pouring out his wrath and judgment on sin and rebellion), and God is not uninformed. On that day, God kicked Satan and a third of his fallen angels–Out of Heaven.
But god allowed Satan to continue to exist for a purpose and a season that only God truly knows. God allowed Satan to test the sons of men to see which ones would follow Satan, and which ones would seek and follow God. In this manner God was able to refine and purify those who choose to follow him, serve him, love him, and his son and his holy eternal family.
As a result, Satan is allowed to test, tempt, and try, every human being born of a woman (Even His Own Son). Many have fallen into the Devils traps, temptations and trials. And apparently only a few have fully broken their agreements with the devil.
Only a few have clearly and completely turned their lives over to the Lord God Almighty–to Do HIS WILL (anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances–to fulfill God’s Kingdom Works and Glorify the Wisdom, Majesty, Holiness, Purity, Righteousness, Truth and Justice of God) and also to become a part of his kingdom forever and ever and ever. Amen.
That’s the problem in a nutshell. Men need to see the big picture. They need to understand they are being tempted–and they need to know why. And they need to come to a decision–whom will they serve?
And, they need to know, that the temptation has a very real determination, whether a man will join God and enter into heaven become a part of the heavenly family for all eternity, or whether a man will join Satan and enter into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur day and night for eternity. It is a person by person decision. No one can make that decision for another. God won’t allow it. Whichever bed a man chooses to sleep in, he will sleep in it for all of eternity.
Again … Here’s why you want to break all agreement with Satan:
“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are* and [they–all who follow Satan and walk in agreement with him] shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
- In other words, “THEY” will all end up in the lake of fire—where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for all of eternity.
- If this one thing cannot motivate a man to examine his own ways before the LORD, a.k.a. Yahweh–I seriously do not know of any other more compelling reason that can be provided.
Please Note: Yeshua in His Earthly Ministry spoke more on the subject of Hell than any other prophet in the Scriptures.
Why? Because he didn’t want any one of us (that includes you and me) to go there.
Yeshua provided the strongest words possible, He painted the strongest pictures, using the strongest illustrations He could conceive.
How serious can God be about your salvation?
Can you think of a good reason to cut off your hand or your foot? If you were told by a physician that you need to cut off your hand or your foot to save your life, you know the problem you’re facing is serious. Please note: when God tells you it’s time to cut off your hand or your foot, it is even more serious than when your doctor tells you to do so.
Check this out … Yeshua even said:
Matthew 18:8-9 (KJV)
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee [or cause you to sin], cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed [lame or crippled], rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life [or heaven] with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
- Please Notice: Repetition is a Primary Hebrew Literary Tool to SHOUT the main point of the message. Repetition in Hebrew is like turning up the volume on the megaphone. The intent is to help make sure that nobody (even if those sleeping at the moment) will miss the messenger’s main point. (And notice: this whole message is a repeat and a condensed version of Matthew 5, and also of Mark 9.)
What message can top this warning to cut off your hand, pluck out your eye, or chop off your foot?
How could Yeshua’s words make a stronger, clearer, or more clear message?
As I see it, Yeshua’s words here provide enough motivation for every human being still breathing to radically break all agreements with the Devil. What do you think?
- Why did I say “still breathing?”–because as long as you are alive, there is still a chance you might break all agreements with the Devil. There is still time to make the most important decision in your entire life. There is still time to prepare yourself for the most important day, and the most important meeting you will ever have.
- From Heaven’s perspective: Yahweh has given you your entire life to make your one critical, most important decision–and He is patiently waiting for your response, but waiting too long can really mess up your life for all eternity if you are not careful. (Many are not careful: See Matthew 7:13).
- On the Day you meet God, He will judge you according to everything He has written in His Book. Everything you did and everything your refused to do–is recorded in His Own Books (See: Revelation 20:12). And according to your deeds He will judge you. Then, He will pronounce His sentence about where you are going to spend all of eternity–either very near Him (in His Home and with His Family in Heaven–See Matthew 25:21), or very far away from Him (near to the one you agreed to follow, the Devil, and all who were deceived by Satan–See Matthew 7:22-23), who will spend all their days away from Yahweh and His Life (His Love, His Laughter, His Joy, His Peace, and His Eternal Thanksgiving–forever and ever. (I can guarantee, that you will find none of those comforts or blessings in the Lake of Fire–which is the Second Death. That is a sure bet.)
That concludes Part One of: Living Without Sin. I hope you will continue to read up on this subject. It is an important one that impacts all of our lives, not only for the short term but for all of eternity.
If interested in this subject, please share your thoughts and comments. I only ask you be respectful and honoring to those you wish to communicate with. Any abusive, or otherwise distasteful or dishonoring messages towards God or His children will be removed–as they should be. But remember, every one of us were skeptics and sinners at one time in our lives.
- Just because one is a skeptic, doesn’t mean he can communicate respectfully. Many skeptics are far more honoring and respectful in their communications than many so called believers that I know of.
Sincerely, I hope to hear from you, whether you are growing rapidly in your faith, or are still even struggling to come to a place of genuine faith–I welcome your communication.
You must log in to post a comment.