Answering Life’s Toughest Questions:
for Believers & Church Leaders
This Study is under construction …
Anyone willing to offer a written article on any one of these questions is encouraged to do so. You work may be used to edify others … It will take quite some time to put this full 7 part series into print, but all the studies we do to get to that place will be useful in the short run, and the long run, if they draw us closer to the throne of Heaven.
- What is a “wolf in sheep’s clothing”? (Matthew 7:15)
- What is a “false prophet”?Matthew 7:15-23 (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [only] he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Where in the Bible is “Once Saved Always Saved”? (Mark 13:13; Hebrews 6)
- Where in the Bible is “Unconditional Love”? (John 8:31-32, 14:15; Matthew 6:15, 19:17; John 8:31-32)
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.John 15:10 (KJV)
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.John 15:14 (KJV)
.14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- Why will Jesus say “depart from me…”? Who is he talking to and why?(Matthew 25:41; Matthew 7:23; Luke 13 :27)
- What is a “reprobate mind”? (Romans 1; 2 Timothy 3:8; Titus 1:16)Titus 1:16 (KJV)
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
- What is a “tare among the wheat”?Matthew 13:24-28 (KJV)
The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
- What is a “seared conscience”?
1 Timothy 4:1-2 (KJV)
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
- What is a “branch with no fruit”?
John 15:2 (KJV)
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:
and every branch that beareth fruit,
he purgeth [prunes] it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
- What is a “tree with bad fruit”?
Matthew 7:16-20 (KJV)
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
- What is a “lazy and wicked servant”?
Matthew 25:26-30 (KJV)
His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: 27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. 28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- What is a “foolish Virgin”?
Matthew 25:1-2 (KJV)
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish…
“He who has an ear, let him here.”
- What is a “false brother“?2 Corinthians 11:25-27 (KJV)
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.Galatians 2:3-5 (KJV)
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: 4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: 5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
- What is a “false teacher“?
2 Peter 2:1-3 (KJV)
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
- What is a “depart from me“?1 Timothy 6:3-5 (KJV)
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
- What is “the fruit of the flesh“?
- What is a “goat among the sheep“?
- What are “the gifts of the spirit“?
- What is “carrying your cross“?
- What is “crucifying the flesh“?
- What is “denying Jesus before men“?
- What is the “gift of tongues”?
- What is the “gift of prophecy“?
- What is the “discerning of spirits“?
- What is “taking [bearing] the name of the Lord in vain“?
- What is “keeping the Commandments of Jesus“?
- What is “abiding in the vine“?
- What is “breaking covenant with God”?
- What is “caring for the sick”?
- What is the “resurrection from the dead“?
- What is “visiting those in prison“?
- What is the “gift of faith“?
- What is “the gift of miracles, signs and wonders“?
- What is the “power of the most high God“?
- What is the “discipline of the Lord“?
- What is a “Laodicean church“?
- Are good works required of the Lord?
- Can a man lose his salvation?
- Will the church suffer the wrath of God?
- What is “the worship of MAMMON”?
- What is an “over comer”?
- Does God have high expectations of his disciples?
- What is fellowship with Demons?
- What is the worship of angels?
- What is spiritual adultery?
- What is the canon of Scripture?
- How do I know I will be saved?
- Who will not be saved?
- What is the discipline of the Lord?
- What is the rebuke of the Lord?
- What is the great falling away?
- What is the endurance/ perseverance of the Saints?
- What is the call to wisdom?
- What is the testing of your faith?
- What does it mean to examine yourself?
- What does it mean to lay down your life?
- What does it mean to preach the gospel out of season?
- What does it mean to be refined in the fire?
- What does it mean to be purified seven times?
- What does it mean to be led by the Holy Spirit?
- What does “a text without a context” mean?
- What does this mean: “if common sense makes the best sense, any other sense is nonsense”?
- What does this mean: “the Bible is the best interpreter of itself“?
- What are the 3 steps of Inductive Bible Study (the 3 questions)?—Observation: What does the text say?
—Interpretation: What does the text mean?
—Application: How do we apply the text to our lives right now?
- What did the protestants protest and change?
- What did the protestants fail to protest, and fail to change?
- What does this mean: “To Confess His Name before Men”?Revelation 3:5-6 (KJV)
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
- What does this mean: “To NOT Confess His Name before Men”?
- What happens to Church Goers who do not witness to their family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and strangers? Who share not the message of Life, with those who are headed towards eternal Death without Christ?
- What are the Chances that I, as an individual Believer …
—Have been taught by a False Teacher?
—I am a False Teacher? or Have been a False Teacher?
—Have been taught (and believed) a False Salvation Message?
—Attend a False Church?
—Have had a False Conversion experience?
—Have been programmed by a False Worship Experience?
—Have a Reprobate Mind?
—Have a Seared Conscience?
- If this is the case: How Prepare am I to meet Jesus face to face?What are the Chances that I am as unprepared to meet Jesus face to face as the average atheist or agnostic on the street. Or I am as unprepared as: The Lazy Steward, The Five Foolish virgins, the Goats, The Tares in the Wheat, The Man without Wedding Clothes, the Disinterested/Invited Wedding Guests, and the unprepared believers in the Churches of Ephesus, Thyatira, Pergamos, Sardis, Laodicea (5 out of 7 churches) that received harsh words from Jesus, their Messiah—and the commandment to “Repent”.(It appears the chances are estimated to be 9 out of 10–that I am less than ready to meet Jesus face to face.)
- What Good (Positive) Things did Jesus speak and confirm to the 7 Churches?
- What Critical, Judgmental, and Negative did Jesus say to the 7 Churches?
- What words (phrases) did Jesus repeat 7 times to the 7 Churches?
(in Revelation Chapters 2 & 3, the last book in the Testimony of God, aka, the Word of God, the Scriptures, the Bible?
- “Repent” (7x)
- “I know thy works … ” (7x)
- “To him that overcometh …” (7x)