Answer: God will Teach You … If you let Him.
Below are a few classic passages that explain how you and I are to become learners, students, disciples, wise virgins, and obedient children of the Most High God; in Christ Jesus, our LORD, and Savior, King, Redeemer, Bride Groom, and Friend.
1 John 2:27 (HCSB)
- [When] the anointing [His Holy Spirit] you received from Him remains in you,[abides in you, lives in you]
- You don’t need anyone to teach you. Instead,
- His anointing teaches you about all things
- and is true and is not a lie;
- just as He has taught you,
- remain in Him [remain, abide, live in Him!].
John 10:27-31 (KJV) 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
John 10:14-18 (NIV) 14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father —and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life —only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
John 8:31-32 (HCSB)
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him,
- If you continue in My word [obey my teaching], [Please notice the conditional statement, “if”.] [everything depends upon the condition of that “if”, in other words if you do not continue in my word then you are not my disciples, you will not know the truth, and you will not be set free. The emphasis on that single word if changes the entire meaning of this teaching. But many who try teach this ignore that very pivotal word, ]
- You really are My disciples [true participants, not just spectators in the Life of God].
- You will know the Truth, and [the truth is more than a concept with God it is a person]
- The Truth will set you free. [it is not a concept we believe that sets us free but a person obey–when we obey he sets us free! That is a part of his eternal promise.]
John 14:6-7 (NIV) 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
John 14:15-21 (NIV) 15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
John 14:23-31 (NIV) 23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.
“Come now; let us leave.