you can read the article here or go directly to their website:
15 questions for evolutionists – creation.com
(The General Theory of Evolution, as acknowledged by prominent evolutionists, includes the origin of life; see introduction to Origin of life.)
- How did life originate? Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted, “Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.”2 A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form. So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
- How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created?
Thanks to “Cowboy Bob” Sorensen for this ‘YouTube’ version of the 15 questions brochure.
- How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate?
- Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life? By definition it is a selective process (selecting from already existing information), so is not a creative process. It might explain the survival of the fittest (why certain genes benefit creatures more in certain environments), but not the arrival of the fittest (where the genes and creatures came from in the first place). The death of individuals not adapted to an environment and the survival of those that are suited does not explain the origin of the traits that make an organism adapted to an environment. E.g., how do minor back-and-forth variations in finch beaks explain the origin of beaks or finches? How does natural selection explain goo-to-you evolution?
- How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence? Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote, “we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”Design in living organisms (motors: ATP synthase) (includes animation).
- Video on Question 5
- Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing? Darwin noted the problem and it still remains. The evolutionary family trees in textbooks are based on imagination, not fossil evidence. Famous Harvard paleontologist (and evolutionist), Stephen Jay Gould, wrote, “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology”.That quote!—about the missing transitional fossils.
- Video on Question 9
- How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote, “the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”Living fossils: a powerful argument for creation.
- Video on Question 10
- Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated? Evolutionists often use flexible story-telling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory. NAS(USA) member Dr Philip Skell wrote, “Darwinian explanations for such things are often too supple: Natural selection makes humans self-centered and aggressive—except when it makes them altruistic and peaceable. Or natural selection produces virile men who eagerly spread their seed—except when it prefers men who are faithful protectors and providers. When an explanation is so supple that it can explain any behavior, it is difficult to test it experimentally, much less use it as a catalyst for scientific discovery.”‘Just-so’ stories of sex and family life.
- Video on Question 12
The test of any theory is whether or not it provides answers to basic questions. Some well-meaning, but misguided people think evolution is a reasonable theory to explain man’s questions about the universe. Evolution is not a good theory—it is just a pagan religion masquerading as science.
- Where did the space for the universe come from?
- Where did matter come from?
- Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?
- How did matter get so perfectly organized?
- Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing?
- When, where, why, and how did life come from non-living matter?
- When, where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?
- With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?
- Why would any plant or animal want to reproduce more of its kind since this would only make more mouths to feed and decrease the chances of survival? (Does the individual have a drive to survive, or the species? How do you explain the origin of reproduction?)
- How can mutations (recombining of the genetic code) create any new, improved varieties? (Recombining English letters will never produce Chinese books.)
Top 20 Questions to Ask an Evolutionist…
Check out these 20 questions to which evolutionists have no satisfactory answer for. These should prove to you that there is more “faith” required to believe in blind evolution than in an all-knowing Creator.
1. Since information is non-material and in all observed cases always requires an intelligent sender, how did all the information contained in DNA originate?
2. How did life originate? How did something come from nothing?
3. Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing? Darwin noted the problem and it still remains. The evolutionary family trees in textbooks are based on imagination, not fossil evidence.
4. How do we know that is true? Has that ever been observed? Since Macro-Evolution has never been observed, how can it be taught as science?
5. How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality? If everything evolved, and we invented God, as per evolutionary teaching, what purpose or meaning is there to human life? Should students be learning nihilism(life is meaningless) in science classes?
6. Can you name one piece of technology that could only have been developed starting with a belief in molecules-to-man evolution?
7. Why is it that multiple radiometric dating methods yield widely different results on any one igneous rock sample? Why do evolutionists pretend to know the ages of fossils, when in fact there is no radiometric method of dating them?
8. How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame?
9. How did we get such nicely rounded spheres from a Big Bang that should have given jagged rocks? How did all the planets come into orbit after such an explosion?
10. If we are evolving why don’t we have third arms now? First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring.
11. How do we know what “evil” is? How do we know what “good” is? How are each of us are born with an innate sense of morality, each fundamentally knowing what is right and wrong? These concepts demand either the existence of a standard to make such evaluations, or an understanding what these concepts mean. It is incredible to consider that no matter time, culture, geographic location, or people, the Moral Law has been universally acknowledged. This tends to confirm that all of creation bears the finger-prints of a Creator who is fundamentally good and right.
12. How did Time, Space and Matter come into existence? (E.g. Did they evolve too? Do planets evolve? Do rocks evolve?)
13. Why are there male and female? Who came first —a him or a her? Which evolved first, male sex organs or female sex organs? Male sex organs are so different from female sex organs that neither could possibly have evolved from the other. Neither could either have evolved without the other! Think that through!
14. If man evolved from apes, why do apes still exist?
15. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? It’s a real dilemma for an evolutionist to answer. An egg comes from a chicken, yet the chicken comes from an egg. How can there be one without the other?
A more interesting question arises: 16. Which came first—the commitment to naturalistic evolution and the necessity that animals arose from different animals, or the data to support it?
When one living thing needs another different living thing to survive, it’s called a symbiotic relationship. A good example of this is the relationship between bees and flowers. The bees need the nectar from some types of flowers to feed while these flowers need bees to pollinate them. Both depend on each other to exist and survive. The question for evolutionists is: 17. How did these plants exist without the bees, and how did the bees exist without these plants?
18. Why is it that the vast majority of us die between the ages of 40 and 80, no matter where we live or what we eat? If evolution were true, why don’t we see some people who live in relatively unpolluted areas living to be 200 to 300 years old?
19. If humans were around millions of years ago, why is the population so small?
20. How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct language families?
Just because an alternative explanation is possible, it does not make it probable. Anyone can give a different explanation, but we want one that actually fits the facts, and fits most likely.
Again, you need more “faith” to believe in blind evolution than in an all-knowing Creator.
Other pertinent questions to ask an evolutionist?
What is the Age of the Earth? What is the Evidence?
What is the Age of the Sun? What is the Evidence?
- If the Sun is that old, why has it not already burned out? (billions of years ago)
- Why didn’t the sun already burn up the earth and all or her planets? (It is shrinking. 2 million years ago her flames would have engulfed the earth.)
What is the Age of the Moon? What is the Evidence?
- How much dust falls on the moon every year? Does that reflect the age of the moon?
- If the moon is that only 1 million years old, why are there not 30 feet deep of dust upon the moon?
How much silt is there? in the Gulf of Mexico? Does that silt reflect the age of the earth?
How Strong in the Magnetic Field of the Earth? Does that magnetic field accurately reflect the age of the earth, as it loses strength?
How Strong are the Ultra violet rays of the Sun? Does that strength reflect the age of the Sun?
Why is there no Man-Monkey today? What is the Evidence?
How fast are the planets in our Solar System moving away from the Sun, and from each other?
- If they are 1 billion years old, how far should they be?
How Old is Man’s DNA? What is the Evidence?
Where does the Source of Man’s DNA begin? What is the Evidence?
How many false proofs of Macro Evolution have been debunked? All. What is the Evidence?
How many false proofs remained in Academic Textbooks decades after those proofs had been debunked? Many.
How good of a track record have evolutionists had since the creation of their false theory?
What good benefit has ever been produced through the teaching of Evolution?
How many clearly wicked dictators, despots, and evil governments doing horrendous malicious violence against their own people have based their leadership on the principles of Evolution?
What about the Crusades, the Inquistions, the Programs, and all the religious wars through Human History?
Answer: Did anyone involved in the Crusades, the Inquistions, the Programs, and other so called religiously motivated movements, or wars, truly follow the dictates, requirements, and teachings of Christ? Did they base any of their motives or actions on the True Living Word of God? Could any of them be identified as disciples of Christ according to the Word of God? Then what were they? Yes. False Witnesses: Liars. Thieves. Murderers. Adulterers. Sodomites. And Yes, Men of Reprobate Mind. So your retort question is mute. It doesn’t speak to the Truth, it is another fabrication of a lie, taught by men to continue in their own lies and deceptions. This is the sad state of affairs of men, but it doesn’t have to be your state.